Friday, February 1, 2008

Catching Up with Kamani Hill

We caught up quickly with Kamani Hill to talk about the Vfl Wolfsburg midfielder/forward's switch to fullback... how did that happen?


U23 Blog: Have you ever played defense before?

Kamani Hill: No, I've pretty much been an attacker my whole life until these past few weeks.

Blog: How did that transition come about?

KH: Well, in talking to Coach Nowak before the last camp we were talking about expectations for me and how I fit into this team, and he told me that he saw me as a defender. I was taken aback a little bit, and I wasn't exactly sure what to think at that point, but I was definitely willing to give it a try.

Blog: Any idea what made him think of you as a defender?

KH: I'm really not sure. I don't know if it had something to do with my quickness or what, but he must have just had an instinct and I think the instinct was a good one. It's been a relatively easy switch physically.

Blog: What's it been like so far, training as a defender?

KH: It's definitely different, something I'm still getting used to a little bit. I'm used to having the ball at my feet a little more, and I'm used to having to run a lot more on the attack. I'm still learning some of the ins and outs of defense but overall it's been a good transition.

Blog: How has your new position been treating you?

KH: Well, if it helps me make the team I'd say it's been great! I'll do whatever it takes to make this team and help it be successful.

No comments: