Monday, October 27, 2008

Brock Arrives

Forward Hayley Brock, the USA's replacement for the injured Tani Costa, arrived in New Zealand yesterday, flying by herself from Massachusetts all the way to New Zealand. Since Costa was ruled out of the tournament about 36 hours before the USA departed for the World Cup, Brock couldn't make the team flight. She found out that she had been called in for the World Cup via a cell phone call from her mom, who picked her up a school and took her to lunch.


Brock celebrated her call-up at McDonald's with Chicken McNuggets.

"I didn’t really believe her when she told me," said Brock. "Mentally, I didn’t think I had a chance, so it was more of a shock than anything. It’s really sad that Tani got hurt, but I’m just going to come over here and work as hard as I can to help the team.”

No comments: